Volunteer registration for April 2021 will open soon. Sign-up to join our Huntsville Championship Email List to stay updated on all things related to the tournament, including when volunteer registration opens.
Committee preference will be on a first-come-first-serve basis!
The Huntsville Championship is searching for volunteers to assist with the newest Korn Ferry Tour stop coming to The Ledges, April 2021. Whether you’re a golf enthusiast, passionate for sports, or simply wanting to take part in bringing a signature professional event to Huntsville, the tournament offers a large variety of volunteer positions. We encourage you to volunteer and support the tournament’s charitable mission in giving through The Community Foundation of Huntsville. Being a Huntsville Championship volunteer provides a unique experience allowing first-hand support and access to a professional golf event. We look forward to having your support in making this the #1 stop on the Korn Ferry Tour!
REGISTRATION FEE: $80
- Golf Polo
- Weekly tournament credential (will allow grounds access on days you are not volunteering)
- Complimentary food and beverage in the Volunteer HQ (only on assigned volunteer days)
- Invitation(s) to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
* Complimentary round of golf at The Ledges (on select days) for volunteers that register and complete 2 or more shifts during the tournament.
- Admissions/Will Call/Ambassadors: Ticket operations at Main Entrance, Organization and distribution of Will Call tickets and credentials, Distribution of tournament information to guests.
- Evacuation: Coordinate with Rules Officials on the distribution and location of all forms of transportation (carts, vans) for player/caddie evacuation during inclement weather.
- Hospitality Services: Management of hospitality venues on course to include credential verification, venue upkeep, guest services and assistance, etc.
- Marshals: Crowd control and maintenance of assigned Holes, from Tee to Green on course. *Additional instructions provided for Volunteers assigned on starting tent holes, 1 and 10.
- Operations: Assist the tournament operations team with miscellaneous operational tasks throughout the week. Tasks might include but not limited to course set up/tear down, rope & stake, trash clean up, cart maintenance, fence/wind screen.
- Parking: Supervise the execution of parking and traffic flow in all parking lots designated to the tournament – Clubhouse, General Public, Caddie, VIP, etc.
- Player/Caddie Services: Managing the check-in process for all professionals and caddies, Monday- Wednesday. Ensure that all requested needs are met regarding tournament week and their stay in Huntsville.
- Player Housing: Provide assistance to players, caddies, families in securing private housing accommodations within The Ledges or hotel accommodations in Huntsville.
- Practice Facility: Manage the operations surrounding the use of the Practice Facilities (Driving Range, Chipping & Putting areas) during the week. Assigning/securing areas on the range, signage placement, ball distribution.
- Pro-Am: Assist the Tournament Staff with the management of the Pro-Am and Pro-Am Pairings Party. Participant registration, distribution of gift packages, etc.
- Pro/VIP Shuttles: Manage the transportation of players/caddies to practice facilities and specific holes on course. Must be 21 or older.
- Refreshers: Responsible for distributing ice and beverages to various locations throughout the course (Starting tents, coolers on tee boxes, Volunteer HQ, etc.) during the tournament.
- Scoring Control: Assist with tournament scoring; radio communication with Walking Scorers; score verification.
- Standard Bearers Assigned to carry the standard which includes players names and score to par. This is considered a “physical” position, as you will carry a sign for an entire round of golf (approximately 5 hours). We recommend that you should be in good physical health when volunteering as a standard bearer.
- Volunteer HQ: Supervise the sign-in/out process for all Volunteers and provide any instructions on assigned duty. Supervise the Volunteer food distribution in HQ and maintenance of facility.
- Walking Scorers: Assigned to keep additional scoring for a designated player pairing, walking all 18 holes. Track scoring on a hand-held device while reporting scores via radio. Knowledge of golf is necessary for this position as scoring includes recording statistics on a hand-held device. Must be 18 or older.